ADVERTISEMENT

General

Top 10 Health Benefits of Eating Eggs

Eggs are one of the few foods worth putting in the superfoods list.

Naturally rich in nutrients and vitamins, no wonder they are crucial in the modern diet.

Below are 10 ways eggs can improve your health if you include them in your daily meals.

ADVERTISEMENT

 

  1. Eggs Are Highly Nutritious

Eggs are considered among the most nutritious foods on the earth. One whole egg encloses all the nutrients needed to form a live chick, and once boiled, a single egg contains high levels of Vitamins A, B2, B5, B6, D, E, K, and B12, in addition to Folate, Calcium Selenium, Zinc and Phosphorus.

These nutrients come in a package of only 77 calories, 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of healthy fats, making eggs just about the perfect food for you, especially if you got hold on or omega-3 enriched eggs that are even better than the average egg.

 

  1. Eggs are High in Cholesterol, But Low in Risks

One single egg contains over half the recommended daily intake of cholesterol, but it doesn’t contribute in raising cholesterol levels in the human blood, at least in 70% of the people; whereas the other 30% are mostly suffering from a hereditary hypercholesterolemia or a genetic disorder triggering their bodies against eggs. So unless you’re from the 2nd group, eating eggs should be safe for you.

 

  1. Eggs Raise Levels of HDL Cholesterol

HDL (High-Density Lipoprotein) is what we call the “good” cholesterol. It is good for the liver and helps prevent several health issues. The good news is that a regular, balanced intake of eggs is a healthy way to boost HDL levels in your blood.

 

  1. Eggs Contain Choline

Choline is a less known nutrient, due to it being often grouped with the B vitamins, and most people are neither aware of its importance, nor getting enough of it. Choline deficiency is rare but its symptoms can be quite serious. Fortunately, eggs provide over 100mg of this valuable nutrient.

  1. Eggs Help Reduce Risks of Heart Disease

“Bad” cholesterol, aka LDL cholesterol is typically linked to higher risks of heart disease, but few people know that LDL is divided into 3 different subtypes, depending on the particle size.

According to studies, people who have mostly large LDL particles in their blood have a lower risk of heart disease than those who have predominantly small or dense LDL particles. And eating eggs turns smaller LDL particles bigger, thus lowering the risk.

 

  1. Eggs Improve Eye Health

 

ADVERTISEMENT


Lutein and Zeaxanthin are powerful antioxidants that can be found in egg yolks.

According to studies, consuming proper amounts of these nutrients can help reduce the risk of some eye disorders. Eggs are also rich in vitamin A, and vitamin A deficiency is one of the leading causes of blindness in the world.

 

  1. Omega-3 Eggs Are Even Better

An egg’s nutritive structure mainly depends on the hen’s diet and conditions. In fact, eggs from hens that were fed omega-3 and/or raised on pasture are typically much richer in omega-3 fatty acids. These acids help reduce heart disease.

 

  1. Eggs Are Rich in Protein

Proteins are the basis of the human body’s build and energy. So it is important to consume enough protein in the diet, which eggs can provide 6 grams of. A good amount of protein can lower blood pressure, boost weight loss, improve bone health, and increase muscle mass.

Eggs also contain the right ratio of all the essential amino acids to use that dose of protein.

 

  1. Eggs Are Not Unhealthy

Eggs have been unfairly demonized for a very long time and for the wrong reasons.

They have been branded “bad for the heart” because of the level of cholesterol in them.

But many recent studies have proved otherwise. However, some studies have shown that people with diabetes who eat eggs do have an increased risk of heart disease.

But on a low-carb diet, which is considered the best diet for people with diabetes, eating eggs can be quite beneficial.

 

  1. Eggs Are Filling

Eggs are incredibly satiating. In fact, they score high on the satiety index, which measures the ability of foods to cause feelings of fullness thus helping eat less. This makes eggs an excellent option for someone who wants to lose weight.

Conclusion

Eggs are cheap, available year-round, delicious, and easy to store and prepare. They go with almost any dish, not to mention the fact that studies prove that eating up to three whole eggs per day is utterly safe, so they are practically a gift from nature!

This is your sign to take eggs more seriously.

ADVERTISEMENT